Hey guys! I’m Katie and I run the show here at PennyHarmony.com.
Here’s a little rundown about who I am and why I brought PennyHarmony to life.
First off, I’m a 35 year-old Environmental Scientist who lives in Missouri. I’ve been married for a year to my best friend and partner for life Landon, who is an Electrical Engineer. I’m proud to say we are a STEM family and major nerds about it, but not in the cool #nerd way, just in the we-actually-love-ridiculously-boring-things way. We also have two dogs, Charlie and Louise.
We bought our house in the ‘burbs a little over 3 years ago and have been loving it ever since. Home remodeling is trying but we are constantly working on projects around the house.
So why did I start PennyHarmony?
We felt like there were so many people out there just like us and we wanted to reach out to them.
Raise your hand if you’re like me and you:
- Work a Monday through Friday job
- Ache for the weekends when you can get things done cuz you don’t have time throughout the workweek
- Wish you had more time for projects around the house and, that one thing, you know, what’s that thing we all miss… Oh yeah, fun!
- Would like to know more and maybe experiment with growing your own food and raising your own animals
- Worry about finances and if you will have enough for retirement while also living a full, enriched life now
- Try to balance getting out of debt while not drudging thru life just to pay bills
- Love the idea of homesteading, but are too scared to take the plunge
That is who we are and who we want to get to know – all of you out there with your arms raised high in the air.
So here we are to share our journey from where we are today, to where we hope to be in the future. If you’d like to read more about our goals you can read my first post here, and how we plan to achieve our goals.
We hope you are excited to join us and that by following along we can teach you that it’s not as hard as it seems and it’s rewards are so worth it.
Oh yeah, and we’re going to have some fun while we’re at it.